Thursday, August 1, 2024

Just Us Girls #738 - Color Week

Carol Mc is our host for Color Week at Just Us Girls.

It's a new month and time to welcome our next guest designer, Bonnie Klass.  She and the Design Team have used these hot colors in such cool ways.  Be sure to check them out for inspiration.


It was time to get out my flip flops dies from Paper Smooches.  I cut them with the requisite hot pink and orange, embossing the soles and adding a little flower for decoration.  This is a Monarch card (3.5 by 7) to fit them with a sentiment. That part was easy.  Not so with the sandy background.  


It took me four tries to get what you see on my card.    From the top down:  Sand embossing powder which looked perfect before I heated it.  It turned gold.  Next I tried colored textured paste.  Another no. I got a little closer with the third one which I think is Frayed Burlap Distress Spray with too much spray.  I lightly sprayed it again for the final card, wiping it up with a paper towel for a lighter appearance and then splattered with Gathered Twigs.  The sentiment is from Honey Bee. 

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope to see your colorful card in our gallery.







If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Nice sandy shore!

I Card Everyone said...

I struggle getting sand to look like our beach, Bobby. You really put your heart into it - with great results! Thanks for doing all the work for us! It's flip flop season for sure!
=]

TK said...

Fourth time's a charm! Your beachy sand looks realistic and perfect with your adorable flip flops

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to persevere to get that fabulous Sandy background. Fun flip-flops too.

Bonnie said...

Practice made perfect for a fantastic sandy place for your flip flops to land, Bobby! I love the fancy flip flops and would like some just like them!

Carol said...

I like all the versions you got but the final one is fabulous for a beachy look! Adorable flip flops too in our colors!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I agree that all of them work, but also agree that the last is best. I imagine those flip flops would feel great on my feet almost being massaged byt tgose raised dots. Fun card, Bobby!

Lisa Elton said...

I live in flip flops all summer and yours are adorable! Great work with the sand too. Cute card, Bobby!

Ina G said...

Super fun flip flops (thongs) Bobby. Perfect for the beach!

cm said...

A sandy beach and colourful flip flops...sounds like a summer dream! Fabulous card!
hugs~c