Friday, July 31, 2026

Freshly Made Sketches #747

I was honored with a win last week at Freshly Made Sketches and therefore HAD to make a card for this week's challenge.

I'm sure it's not surprising that I used flowers, in this case poinsettias, for the circles on Kim's sketch.

Finding flowers small enough was the challenge but since I need more Christmas cards I pulled out the TH Vault Holiday Classic, cutting the poinsettias from white and inking with Festive Berries and Fired Brick Distress Inks, plus a little green and brown for aging.  I bought the paper pack from The Paper Studio because of its soft aged look.  It was cut with my new Diagonal Stitch Rectangles from PFS.  I used the smallest of the dies to cut the sentiment, also from PFS.  

Thanks for dropping by and spending a bit of your day with me.





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I thought flowers too, Bobby! Your rich, red poinsettias are a wonderful contrast with the gray checks! Another gorgeous Christmas card!

TK said...

Poinsettia are the unexpected! Yes, flowers have become larger but I think these small ones work perfectly

Kim S said...

You've created such gorgeous poinsettias! They pop beautifully on the classic background! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

I Card Everyone said...

OH, Bobby! Now that I'm looking at your gorgeous card, I'm kicking myself for not seeing flowers, too!
Thanks so much for planting these wonderful Poinsettias in Kim sketch this week! [and congrats on your win!]
=]