Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Muse CV #66 and CAS(E) This Sketch #194

I've been busy crafting up a storm and I'm going to post two cards today for two different challenges before I lose track of deadlines and miss them. You don't ever do that, do you? ;)

First up is Muse Christmas Visions.  I haven't played with them in a while but Chriss's card was so cute and I had a stamp that wanted to play along.
The snowman and sentiment are from Inky Antics colored with Intense pencils, something else I haven't used in a while.  A little Spectrum Noir glitter pen was essential on the star, tinsel and fur part of the hat.  I wish my photography was better so you could see it.

Chriss's card
The next card is for CAS(E) This Sketch and I'm not crazy about it but it is what it is.
I tried a non-traditional color scheme with my W & W holiday trimmings stamps.  Guess why there's a strip of aqua mist paper across the top.  Yup, I goofed on my HLS sentiment and this was the only way I could think to fix it.  Actually I think it adds a little dimension so I'm okay with it.

I have quite a stack of Christmas cards already and I'm not sure when I made them unless it was last December after I had already sent out my cards.  I hope you've gotten a good start on yours.

14 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love them both - two very different-feeling Christmas cards! love the whimsy of your snowman and the graphic-ness of your CTS design! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Bobby!

Lindsey said...

Your snowman card is so cute! A perfect take on the Muse card. And I quite like the bright look and non-traditional colours of your CTS card.

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet cards, Bobby! I love your pretty take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

These are both super cute Bobby! Love that sweet snowman in his little coat!

Darnell said...

Um, yeah, I do that all the time! I almost missed the MCV challenge just now! I love your adorable take a Chriss's card, Bobby, and I think you should embrace your CASlicious second card! I think it's fabulous in its simplicity!! Hugs, Darnell

Misty Elam said...

I really like all 3 that you have here. I too love non traditional Christmas colors.

I Card Everyone said...

ALL the time!! Missing, and 'goofing' ... LOve that little snowman, Bobby - beautifully colored, too! Not a soul would see that your darling, non-traditionally colored CTS card wasn't just as you intended it! Thanks for playing!!!
=]

Loll said...

Two adorable cards Bobby. Love the sweet snowman ... brings a smile to my face. :) And love the second card. I think the banner sentiment is awesome ... you're right it adds some dimension. Great colour combo --- fun!!

I do miss challenges .. I'm sure everyone does at some point. We need to have an assistant to keep track of deadlines for us. :) xx

Marilyn said...

Two adorable cards, Bobby. Your snowman card is a perfect interpretation of Chriss' card. Love your clean and graphic card for CTS.

Joyce said...

Love them both. Your snowman is adorable, and I really like the simplicity of your second card.

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply fabulous cards Bobby...love your sweet little snowman and your second card is so festive!

TK said...

Precious cards, Bobby!

cm said...

Goofing and messing up? Only all the time! Your cards here are delightful! How darling the sweet snowman, ready to do some decorating! And your row of trees are charming; the 'design innovation' with aqua strip is perfect!
Hugs~c

Anita in France said...

That little snowman is adorable, Bobby ... just looking at how wonderfully detailed and cute he is has me smiling! Cool, crisp and fabulously contemporary Christmas card ... what a fantastic graphic look ... the dimension on the sentiment strip is perfect ... happy accidents are fun aren't they (maybe not at the time, but when they're fixed they are!!). Hugs, Anita :)