Friday, November 19, 2021

Online Card Class and Christmas Kickstart #56

I have taken a number of the Online Card Classes from Jennifer and Kristina but not recently.  I don't know what possessed me to sign up for their Holiday Workshop 2021 but the classes were great although I didn't do homework for all of them.  Then came bonus day 14 with Jennifer and I was so excited about using up scraps of ancient Christmas DSP that I went overboard.   If you didn't know, I am a quilter and I love putting 'bits & pieces' together, whether fabric or paper.  Hence the name of my blog.

I'm only sending one to their gallery and the same one to Christmas Kickstart but let me show you what I did.


These all involve making your own striped paper using scraps.  I started by cutting Stick-It to a size larger than the openings on my cards and applied the strips.  All the panels were cut with Waffle Flower A2 dies, one in color and one in white which was stamped with the sentiment.  For the ornaments I used a die from CASual Fridays and cut the topper in silver as well the chain from Poppy Stamps.  The stripes were taped behind the opening and the panels glued together on a top fold cardbase.


I did the same thing with a square die from MFT, adding a strip for the ribbon and a bow from Sugar Pea Designs.  If I do more of these I need a bigger, better bow.  The "piece" de resistance is the tree.


Here I glued the strips in a chevron and cut the panel with a die from Concord and 9th.  The tree was big enough to cover the entire card so no matteing done on this one, and I barely fit in the sentiment from Reverse Confetti.  

As you can see, once I got started I couldn't stop and I saved a bag of strips to make more when I have time.  

ETA:  Di from Snippets Playground saw my cards at Christmas Kickstart where she is the visiting elf and asked me to join the gallery there.  I'm more that happy to do so since I used so many snippets so make these cards. 
 







If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.


11 comments:

HilaryJane said...

These are really great, so simple and so effective. Thanks for the idea xx

Lisa Elton said...

I see your inner quilter in all of these little gems, Bobby! They're fabulous!

Di said...

Wow Bobby - some brilliant snippets use here - as Lisa says, You found your inner quilter for sure. I'm really here as Jo's GD on Christmas Kickstart and hope she won't mind me suggesting you come and join us in the Snippets Playground (link in my profile) to play along. You've shown some great ideas that others using snippets in the challenge devoted purely to snippets would love to see. Apologies Jo - I just couldn't resist coaxing Bobby to join us.

Hugs

Di (Christmas Kickstart Challenge GD)

Bonnie said...

What wonderful paper piecing, Bobby! It made beautiful ornaments and gifts and that tree is amazing!

Sherri Thacker said...

These are all great!!

Arlene said...

WOW, I love all pieced together cards. Fantastic!

Dotty Jo said...

What a beautiful selection you've created, Bobby! You are so clever as I don't think these are easy to make. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Di and me, great to see you in the gallery again, Jo x

Sarn said...

Waving hello from the Snippets Playground. Brilliant Christmas cards using your paper snippets.
I'm up in the Playground Treehouse making a batch of Hot Chocolate as it's turned very chilly here!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness as a fan of stripes I think I might have to try some of these. I never thought of using paper scraps so that’s going on my list. As I was looking at each design I thought this is my favourite but I have decided they are all my favourites. Hugs, Amanda x

Di said...

Hi Bobby! So thrilled you came to the Snippets Playground and shared your wonderful aperture cards! And you can see that our Playmates love your work. If you would like to be a guest designer in the future - we're probably talking late Spring or early Summer next year - do drop me an email. Email address is on the RH sidebar of my blog. We would really love to have you - we adore new inspiration. And anyone who is willing to have fun of course!

Hugs

Di xx

Linby said...

What fab use of snippets - thanks for the inspration.