Saturday, August 20, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #549

I brought a lot of Christmas things with me to fill my stash of cards and haven't done much with them.  The challenge at Freshly Made Sketches sparked an idea. 


This card took a few turns along the way.  The elves from MFT had already been colored but I went outside lines in a few places. 😞 Using Copic blender didn't work well.  I tried coloring the background but it didn't cover the blender.  😠 Not one to give up, I fussy cut them (and you know how much I hate to do that) and put them on a black square.  I think they show up much better this way so it's a win.   The heat embossed sentiment is from Reverse Confetti and the plaid DSP is from Photoplay. 

I have more of these 'selfie' squares so using this sketch will result in even more Christmas cards. Yay!




If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I think these two cuties look awesome against the black, so YAY to you for fussy cutting them out Bobby!! And the plaid background compliments them perfectly too...FABULOUS card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lori m said...

Adorable and very pretty card, hugs, Lori m

Lisa Elton said...

This pair is always fun and definitely worth your extra effort!

I Card Everyone said...

Their names should be Merry and Bright, Bobby! Such a darling card - and good on you for persisting!
=]

Jen Timko said...

Just adorable! Your fussy cutting was worth the trouble for sure. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Bonnie said...

Great job of fussy cutting, Bobby! I have the same problem whenever I use red. Argh! I love how these guys look so bright on the black background! I need to remember that! Love this card!