Saturday, October 15, 2022

Just Us Girls #654 - Color Week

Lisa K is the host for Color Week at Just Us Girls and these are the lovely colors she picked. 


I don't know what led me to look at my Robin and Wren stamps from The Greetery but there in the DVD case I store my stamps in were a number of robins already stamped and ready to go.  Serendiptious for sure! Now I just had to design a card around them.

The background was inked with Speckled Egg Distress Ink.  I found the branch in Altenew's Winter Cardinal. I stamped and die cut two and trimmed one off for the baby bird.  The sentiment is one I borrowed.

Our guest designer Lynne and the rest of the Design Team have wonderful cards using these colors to inpire you.  Have a look and then make a card for our gallery.  We'd love to see you there.





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

12 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those birds look amazingly realistic! Beautiful design and perfectly blended background, too!

Anonymous said...

Awe, how adorable. That is a difficult color challenge and you have really nailed it. I love those little birds, and using the blue as the background is genius!!!

I Card Everyone said...

It was certainly meant to be, Bobby, and very cute!
=]

Lynne in NI said...

Aww your little robins are so sweet Bobby, love your card 😁

Bonnie said...

These robins were just waiting for this challenge, Bobby! They are adorable with this inked background!

cm said...

Beautiful! Isn't it wonderful to find 'ready made' goodies tucked away, waiting for the perfect play date!
hugs~c

Anonymous said...

Love the direction you took with Lisa’s colors, Bobby! Those Robins are darling and I love your Speckled Egg background. Great card!

Nancy E Leppek said...

Sorry the above comment is mine. I am on my iPad and things don’t always work properly.

Lisa Elton said...

This is as cute as it can be and so wonderfully CAS!

Carol said...

So sweet and pretty...love you card so much!!!

Ina G said...

Bobby you have blown me away again this week with those beautiful little robins coloured so perfectly. Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Isn’t it great when you find something you created is ready to go on a card? This is such a pretty card. Love the soft blue background. Lisa Kind