Saturday, March 11, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #576

A while ago I picked up a couple of clearance dies at Hobby Lobby.  I thought the one I used today from Sizzix would be great for masculine cards but there are more images that can  work for other occasions.  I played around and made this card for Freshly Made Sketches.


I have a set of three Seth Apter embossing powders from WOW and used them to emboss the images.  They are arranged on PTI Rustic White cardstock that has been lightly inked around the edges with Ground Expresso DI.  Here's the sketch.  I think it fits pretty well.

Thanks for dropping by.  Please leave a comment so I know  you were here.











If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a great take on this sketch, Bobby! I think you have a winner here!

Judy Woodland said...

I love this card on so many levels. I have some of Seth Apter's embossing powders and they are so fun and fabulous. I also love PTI Rustic card stock, both the white and cream. This is just a perfect masculine creation - I'm pinning!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your bargain dies worked perfectly for this sketch, Bobby! What a fun card!

I Card Everyone said...

You've wrangled those pieces perfectly for their Sketch, Bobby! What a cool embossed finish!
=]

TK said...

Great use of those dies, and definitely masculine for this card! What a great use of the sketch too

Anonymous said...

Wow Bobbi - ordinarily I don't care for this type of card but you have just taught an old dog new tricks. The die cuts are perfect with this sketch. You have a good eye to know this would work.
It really is a delightful card and I love it!!!!
Sandy xx

Amy O said...

I love how you used these shapes with the sketch! And I love the metallic finishes for a masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!