Sunday, April 2, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #579 and Inkspirational #286

I made a card for Freshly Made Sketches and didn't like it at all.  Fortunately I had cut a second set of the Dogwood from HoneyBee so I made a similar card that I like much better.

The blossoms were cut from a Brusho panel I found in my Bits box, the leaves from a scrap I sprayed with Twisted Citron, and the branch from Bristol so I could color it with Zigs. The background is Altenew paper embossed with SSS's Blossom Field.  I embossed a white MFT oval with the SU Subtle folder and placed it on a brown scalloped oval also from MFT.  The sentiment is from HoneyBee's My Favorite Flower. 

Inkspirational has a mood board with what looks like these flowers so I'm sending my card to them too.

Thanks for dropping by.  I love it when you do.










If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Bobby! I'm happy to report that these Dogwoods are heading my way! My favorite flowering tree! You've used them beautifully and I love that embossing!
=]

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, what a sweet card. I love what you have done with that embossed background, it's simply lovely.

Jen Brum said...

Such a pretty card! Love that branch and the beautiful blossoms! The embossed background is perfect for the card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Bonnie said...

Wow! I think this is one of my favorite Bobby cards! Love the sweet dogwood branch and the embossed backgrounds! The dogwoods are blooming here and there is a pink one down the road. There are lots of white flowers but the pink ones are extra special!

Lisa Elton said...

So PRETTY, Bobby! I love dogwood and wish we had one in our yard. I'll just drink in your fabulous card and dream!

Jen Timko said...

Love these dogwoods and your beautiful colors and background. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

TK said...

Well done! What a gorgeous card, Bobby, I love everything about this one -- colors, details, embossing... all of it

!neke said...

Great take on the sketch !!!!
groeten Ineke

Marcia Hill said...

Your perseverance paid off Bobby...this card is BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely LOVE that background and your flowers are making me long for Spring to actually hurry up and start blooming here!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful design, Bobby! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Linda Callahan said...

I am loving the soft purple and the embossing! Such a pretty card!