Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Inspired by Friends

Although this blog post is entitled Inspired by Friends, it could also be called Amazed by Friends.  That is often the case when I see the creations of the friends who have joined me today in a collaborative post.  It all started when Bonnie sent some PinkFresh Dahlia Washi die cuts to me, Michele and Marcia.  We were to each make a card and post it today.  I can't wait to see how everyone used these beautiful images.  

You all know how difficult it is to take a photo with gold (or silver) foil so I took a number of them before I could get one that was decent. 


The foil is cut with the Nesting Rectangle Frames from WaffleFlower, and layered two high in the center and four on the outside.  The outside frame was attached to pale pink cardstock and the inner one to white, after adhering the flowers, and then the two put together.  A foiled sentiment from Poppystamps finished it off. 

Are you ready to see what my friends have done?  Click on their names and the link will take you to their blog post where you can oooh and aaah and be amazed like I'm sure I will be.  Thanks, Bonnie, for bringing us together for this day of fun and friendship and for inspiring me every day. 

Bonnie at Stamping with Klass

Michele at I Card Everyone

Marcia at Marcia's Stamping Pad











If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

20 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is so elegant, Bobby! I love how you've made a big bouquet and framed it all in gold! What a great idea to add extra depth to one of the frames! I'm going to remember that! Thanks for playing. As always, you've inspired me again, my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby, I am loving your double frame and two-colored matting! I don't believe I've ever seen it done before - but I sure hope I remember it for future crafting! This is one of those cards that deserves a frame - and you provided the frame, too! Beautiful card using Bonnie's Dahlias and a wonderful post, my friend! Thank you!
=]

jimlynn said...

I just came over from Bonnie's blog to see your wonderful card. I love the dimension so much and it's simply a gorgeous card.
Lynn

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty! So fun to play with fellowete stampers 😀

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card with that double framed image. Love the frames and the pretty floral image. So fun to play with fellow stampers. Off to see Michele and Marcia's cards.

JoAnn said...

The anonymouns comment was me. I hate it when I forget to notice that.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This is one stunner of a card Bobby all dressed up in that double gold frame! And with dimension too! Those Dahlia's look so pretty surrounded by all that gold and I love the soft pink and white backgrounds too! Lovely, lovely card my friend! I'd say we were all inspired...thank you!! Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

I came over from Michele's blog. That double gold frame with the pink gutter is a fabulous foil against the beautiful blooms. Gorgeous card.

nancy littrell said...

Oh my...your beautifully framed die cut Washi Tape Dahlias are Gorgeous, Bobby and deserve to be displayed or hung to add to your decor:-) I love your layering of your pretty framing, which really adds to your gorgeous die cut dahlias gifted to you by sweet Bonnie. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

HilaryJane said...

I love all that gold, it is perfect for framing your blooms. Your little collaboration has been a wonderful feast of inspiration. Thank you xx

Judy Woodland said...

This is so stunning. I love what you did with that washi die cut, and the frames are PERFECT for the design. I like everything about this!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, I'm sure glad I popped over! This is utterly gorgeous, Bobby! You all have made such different yet equally beautiful cards with Bonnie's generous gift. Love your framing.

Lisa Elton said...

How fun to get to play with friends! You've framed those gifted flowers beautifully, Bobby! The double matting is a wonderful idea. I think this deserves a frame of it's own!

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful card, love the gold framing and that washi tape is amazing with the dies - fun blog hop ♥

TK said...

Very pretty, Bobby! I love all the cards I've seen thus far and so happy you could all play together, making some pretty things

Lindsey said...

What a stunner! The gold frames + flowers are a gorgeous combo!

Birgit said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Bobby! The double gold matting with the pink peeking through is both feminine and elegant. What a pretty spray of flowers! You all have inspired me to try some washi.

Anonymous said...

You must be the Queen of drama. This is one of those OH! cards and is so pretty. When it came through to my email box, the frames looked dark - actually the whole card looked darker. I love your idea of a double frame - my head is spinning - wouldn't that make a pretty Christmas design! What Bonnie calls elegant I call dramatic!!
Bravo Miss Bobby -- Sandy xx

Anonymous said...

Who is this anonymous person? I'm not anonymous!!!!
Sandy xx

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my, this is so pretty. This should be hung on the wall or set on an easel. I love that all of you are sharing these and showing your own take on the dahlias. The double gold frames are the bomb. I am in awe of your talent. I'm off to visit the rest of the ladies.