Friday, August 4, 2023

The Flower Challenge #83

Here is is August already and time for another The Flower Challenge.  This month we are asking for 


Just a little bit of information before I get to my card.  Sadly both Aileen and Viv have decided to step down as administrators of the challenge.  At first they planned to close it down entirely but Karren Johnson (our guest designer this month) volunteered to rescue the challenge by taking over.  She has plenty of experience and I'm sure everything will run smoothly.  We already said goodbye to team member TaeEun and Cara will be leaving us soon so that means a major shakeup in designers.  I have no doubt that whoever joins the team will be inspiring you just as TaeEun and Cara did. 

Now for my card:


I found the lovely stripe in a Honey Bee paper pack and used it to direct the color choice of my flower from Altenew's Wallpaper Art.  After stamping in Mememto ink, I lightly colored with Altenew artist markers and added it all to their Organic Linen embossing folder.  The sentiment from PFS is hot foiled in black. 

I hope you'll head over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have made using spots or stripes.  We'd love to see how they inspire you to make a card for our gallery. 





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

This is SOOOOO pretty Bobby!! I just love stripes on a card, and then add in a flower and you have perfection! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Judy Woodland said...

This is so lovely, Bobby. There's something about stripes as an accent on a card, isn't there? That texture is perfect, I just LOVE this design. I think I better pin!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Bobby, I see horizontal pink stripes, and vertical embossed stripes, too! Very pretty!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love how the stripes in the paper point to the stripes in the texture, Bobby! A perfect place for this gorgeous flower!

JoAnn said...

This is gorgeous Bobby. I love the pretty flower with the pink strip paper. The embossed panel adds great texture in stripes also. Thanks for the inspiration.

TK said...

Absolutely perfect colors, Bobby, this is so pretty! Great inspiration, and I wish I could visit the challenge (well all challenges) more.

Stef Perry said...

A lovely combo of pink and black, Bobby, and then adding the texture of the ef and the pretty stripes really makes this one beautiful card!