Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Color Hues #81 and NBUS #59

Hey there!  I'm glad you dropped by.

I knew right away what I would use for the mint and lilac challenge at Color Hues.  It is a new die from PTI that has been waiting for me to pull it from the NBUS box. 


You'd think that irises are one of my favorite flowers since I already have a small PB die and an Altenew stamp set.  Not so, but I loved the realistic look of this die so it came to live with me.  The blossoms are cut with a scrap of purple and inked in the center, which dried much lighter than I wanted.  The stems were also inked to give them some shading.  The flowers sat on my desk for a couple of days while I waited for a new embossing folder that I had coveted a while ago that was retired from SU.  I found it on Etsy and quickly ordered Tasteful Textile to use as my background.  The sentiment is from Penny Black. 

Have a wonderful day!








If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

12 comments:

Karen said...

It is an amazingly realistic die, and one I missed seeing when it was released. It is the perfect flower for our Lilac and Mint challenge, and your CAS design is wonderful! I love the subtle texture of the embossing folder. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Darnell said...

There are so many beautiful iris stamps and dies out there that are so realistic. I have a lot of them, too, Bobby, but I might have to add this one after seeing it stand so gorgeous against that subtle texture background! I'm pinning to the IDEAS Board (e/f this week) and thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Tracey McNeely said...

Bobby, this is such a beautiful flower! I have Irises around my pond but it depends on how quickly I warm up here whether they bloom or not. My mom also had them in the garden when I was growing up. So lovely and thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

I Card Everyone said...

I love Irises, Bobby - especially those dark Siberian ones! But your lilac colors are beautiful and perfect for the challenge!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Your irises are pretty, Bobby! This is a wonderful CAS card!

Judy Woodland said...

How beautiful. I love the simplicity in the design, and those colors are fabulous. Nothing like a clean, crisp die cut image. So GREAT!!!

TK said...

Irises are a fave of mine, and this one's beautiful! Love the texture, but also the added texture of the e/f is wonderful too.

Marcia Hill said...

OK, how did I miss those dies?!! They're so pretty and realistic looking, and our challenge colors are just perfect for them! I love your tasteful textures background too Bobby! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Color Hues...we always love seeing your creations in the gallery!! Hugs. :0)

Stef Perry said...

Iris are one of my favorite flowers and yours turned out so pretty, Bobby, I can see why you got that die set. I also love the delicate sentiment font and I'm glad you reminded me to pull that ef out and use it, as it is the perfect subtle background! Always so wonderful to see you in the gallery, thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card and such a perfect die to use with these colors! Irises always make me think of my mom, so thank you for that! Also, always a pleasure having you in our gallery at Color HUes.

Hannelie said...

Oh Bobby this is beautiful! I love the elegant simplicity! Thanks for playing with us at Color Hues!

Vicky Hayes said...

How pretty these iris dies are Bobby! You must have been delighted to find the EF you'd been looking for too and it looks amazing as an understated texture behind your flowers. Congratulations on being showcased at Darnell's NBUS Challenge! Vicky x