Thursday, February 22, 2024

Just Us Girls #715 - Stencil Week

Hey there!  I'm glad you dropped by. 

I'm hosting Stencil Week at Just Us Girls. There are so many different ways to use stencils that everyone should be able to enter the challenge.  


For my card I used a stencil with a stamped image.


The flower is from Altenew's Always Sunshine.  This is a Craft Your Life kit that includes a stencil and an embossing folder.  Instead of using the layers of the stencil, I added darker ink as accents to the main layer.  One thing I need to keep reminding myself of is how much the ink dries back and that I need to put it on fairly dark to get the end result I want.   The sentiment is from Penny Black. 

The Design Team and our guest Denise Morgans have some wonderful stenciled cards for you to see.  I hope they inspire you to join the challenge. 













If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

14 comments:

Carol said...

Bobby, when I first saw your card I couldn't wait to see who makes the stamp. Ad now I know there's a stencil too! Your colors and shading made it a gorgous card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great stencil! It made a very pretty card

I Card Everyone said...

SO beautiful, Bobby! What a gorgeous stamp/stencil!
=]

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Beautiful stenciled floral image, Bobby. I think you have just the right amount of color in the centers!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh my, what a beautiful image and coloured so beautifully as always Bobby! Vicky x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the soft colors.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I love this pretty card! What a wonderful set that is!

Marcia Hill said...

Boy am I behind on commenting, but couldn't let this one go by without saying how absolutely BEAUTIFUL it is Bobby!! Beautiful stenciling and I love the dark outline that really makes the flowers POP! Sweet sentiment too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

ElizStewart said...

Bobby... absolutely loving what you have done with this stencil...just beautiful!

Bonnie said...

I love how you added shading to the stenciling, Bobby! Gorgeous flowers!

Loll said...

STUNNING card Bobby! Wonderful shading to create depth on your flowers and leaves. xx

Ina G said...

Oh Bobby this is just beeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful. So soft and flowers blended beautifully. Stunning!

cm said...

Gorgeous! Your colours/stenciling are lovely!
hugs~c

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is gorgeous! I love the beautiful shading you achieved stenciling the color onto those flowers and leaves. I love it!