Monday, March 4, 2024

Tic Tac Toe #242 and a Prayer card

Hey there crafty friends.  I'm so glad you dropped by.

Whether we like it or not, we have a need for sympathy cards and since my supply was getting low I decided to use the challenge at Tic Tac Toe to make a couple for my stash. 


I used the left column down: CAS, metallic, foliage.   The  SSS leaf die was large enough to get two cards.  Cut from green metallic paper, half the branch was placed on a stitched panel I found in my Bits box.  The sentiment from Avery Elle was already in the package cut in this light green that I thought worked well.  Here's a close-up so you can see the metallic shine of the leaves.


And here's the card made with the other half of the leaves.  This one is on an embossed panel. 


Sometimes I don't put a sentiment on a card, either because I don't know what to put or the card looks good without one, and that worked to my advantage since I needed a couple of prayer cards for friends having health issues.  


I pulled this card from my birthday box and cut the SSS prayers die from the same Honey Bee paper that the flower was made from.  The sub-sentiment is from the same set as the die.   

What about you?  Do you ever leave sentiments off to choose one when you need it?






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are all lovely, Bobby! I like the simplicity of the first two!

Bonnie said...

I prefer to leave the sentiments off, Bobby. I hate finding the perfect card in the box with the wrong sentiment. It's easy enough to add something when I want to send it out! Your leaves make beautiful, serene sympathy cards and the layered flower with matching sentiment is so pretty!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

So lovely - clean and simple and ready to go when you need it! LOVE the die cut sentiment! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week!

TK said...

I'm so sorry you needed this card, while a part of life, it doesn't make it eSier but it will express all your sentiments in a pretty way!