Monday, April 1, 2024

Fun Patterned Paper Technique

Hey there crafty friends.  I'm so glad you dropped by.

Sometimes you have to show the bad with the good and I have a card today that is mostly bad for several reasons.  It all started with a Pinterest pin that led to a YouTube video from Cheryl's Stamping Squad.  I thought it would be a good card for using some of my patterned paper hoard stash. although it does need to be double sided. 


First reason - I picked the green because I wanted to enter the Double D challenge but missed the deadline.  Second reason - as a seamstress I absolutely hate plaids/seams that don't match, so why oh why did I pick a gingham?  Thirdly I guess I'm not a very good measurer because I had to trim down the given measurements to fit my card.  All in all, I do still love the design of the card.  I'm keeping this as a pattern and an example of what not to do.   You may see another one pop up sometime. 






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I understand why you might be frustrated about those plaids not matching, Bobby... but I still love the green, and think this is definitely one to try again!
=]

Bonnie said...

Love this, Bobby! It may not have turned out just as you'd like but it makes a fantastic card for a guy or a gal!

Loll said...

I love the design of this card Bobby. It is a great way to use double sided patterned paper. So cool. xx