Thursday, April 6, 2023

Color Hues #61

I have what I think is a very cute card for Color Hues and their peach and kraft challenge.


I knew I wanted to use the darling bear from Penny Black so I stamped her on kraft with HA Soft Brown and added some PolyChromos pencil shading.  Her eyes and nose are colored with a black glaze pen.  Then it was a matter of how to add the peach.  I wanted her to sit on something and at first thought of a word die but didn't have one that worked well.  Then I remembered the ancient PTI happy dies.  There are four of them in different fonts. I cut it from peach paper three times and inlaid it into a piece that was embossed with Altenew's Angled Mosaic folder. 

I'm so glad you dropped by and hope you are doing well.

 


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

SO bear-y cute, Bobby!
=]

Karen said...

That embossing folder makes a wonderful wall for the adorable teddy bear! I have those old Papertrey Ink dies as well, and I'm glad to be reminded of them. This certainly is a cute card and we're happy you've shared it with us at Color Hues!

Stef Perry said...

Absolutely a darling card, Bobby! What's not to love with that sweet bear and the terrific inlay die cut sentiment? Just fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along with us for this challenge at Color Hues!

Judy Woodland said...

Well this is simply ADORABLE!! There are no other words! I love that pretty coral color and the way you have that cute bear sitting on the greeting and embossed background is GENIUS!! Absolutely precious!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute indeed, what a sweet little bear!

Bonnie said...

What a great way to use these colors, Bobby! Love the bear and all that texture! A very happy card!

TK said...

Absolutely adorable, Bobby! I love how you not only ground your bear with the sentiment, but added dimension to the off-cut

Nancy Leppek said...

Totally agree with you! This is a darling card and a perfect idea for or Hues of Color! Thanks for joining the challenge.

Tracey McNeely said...

Bo by this is so adorable, love that bear and the perfect embossing below him! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!