Saturday, August 12, 2023

Just Us Girls #692 - Word Week

It's Word Week at Just Us Girls and the word of the week as chosen by Lisa K is



I tried to replicate a hive using a dome die from MFT and a stencil from Funky Fossil.  The dome was cut,  the sentiment stamped and heat embossed after which the panel was embossed with the Subtle background folder.  Two more panels were cut to pop it up over the stencil done in Fossilized Amber DI.  I didn't like how white the lines were so I used what was left on my blending brush to go over it.  The little bees from Reverse Confetti  were heat embossed, colored with artist markers and popped up on the card. 

The Design Team has their bee cards just waiting for you to take a look and be inspired.  I hope we see your card in our gallery.






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So darling, Bobby - love that you toned down the white in your honeycomb. Looks like your sweet little bees are in bizzzzzzzzzz-ness!
=]

Bonnie said...

These busy bees look quite happy with your hive, Bobby! The light inking over the white worked beautifully! Sweet as honey, my friend!

Judy Woodland said...

How adorable!! Those little bees just make me smile, I love your design. Super cute!!

Nancy said...

Sweet card, Bobby! Love the arch and those bees are the perfect size. BTW...Your link doesn't work!

Nora Noll said...

Aww!! This is so cute!! I love the fun way you created that hive with that die!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable! Great idea to go over the white lines, the honeycomb looks terrific!

TK said...

So cute! Love your rendition of the little !hive -- it appears to be a VERY happy place to bee!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That stenciling is perfect for the fun bees 🐝

Greta said...


Oh what a cute card--love the stenciling!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love the honeycomb and the way you toned down the white with your cute little bees flying around.. And I absolutely love that textured background, I may have to look that one up.

cm said...

Your hive is certainly buzzing with busy bees! Super cute, Bobby!
hugs~c

Ina G said...

Those bees are certainly buzzing around that beautiful hive. Fabulous Bobby.

Lisa Kind said...

I love your creativity in creating the bee hive! So cool! and I love those cute bees. Very cute card!

serhat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.