Friday, March 8, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches #626

Hey there friends.  I'm glad you dropped by.

My card for Freshly Make Sketches went through a couple of trials before I ended up with a finished card. 

When embossed circles didn't work out, I remembered the ancient Doily die from Catherine Pooler and used it for the circle portions of my card.  Several different flowers were auditioned before settling on The Greetery's crocuses.  They were cut from white and colored with Altenew inks.  The sentiment is from SSS.  This is nothing like my original vision but I'm happy with it.

Have a wonderful weekend.






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely spring card, Bobby! We spotted a few crocuses on our walk the other day. Yay spring!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm still scratching my head over this one, Bobby! Bravo to you - it's darling!
=]

TK said...

A great way to display your pretty crocus -- I just had a flashback from the doily, I have one from way before CP -- not even sure when the last time it was out

Bonnie said...

The doily works perfectly, Bobby! I've been playing with these crocus dies too. Stay tuned. I think we're on the same wave length.

Cécile RIBON said...

A doily, some crocuses and a yellow gingham background, the perfect elements for a delightful spring card, Bobby. Thanks so much for joining us at FMS.