Sunday, January 7, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches #617

Sometimes I get excited about a card I've made and today's card for Freshly Made Sketches is one of them.  


It's not the card itself that thrilled me but the fact that I could make mittens and a cap that actually look knitted.  I inked the Knit Pattern embossing folder with CP Sangria ink and ran it through my die cutting machine. The stamps from SSS were lined up in the center of the folder where the pattern curved, stamped several time so I could see the lines and die cut.  For the white pom, I stamped the top of the hat, embossed it in white, added Puff embossing powder in the middle using an embossing pen, and fussy cut it out.  The images are popped up on SSS stitched squares.  The scarf was stamped on watercolor paper, the sentiment embossed in white and then it was colored with CP  inks.   

Thanks for dropping by. I love it when you do and even more when you leave a comment.






If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

You should be excited, Bobby! This knitted set is AMAZING! Love the colors in the scarf too! So warm and cozy looking!

TK said...

Really adorable, a great take on the sketch and easy to see why you're so excited! Love it, Bobby, and an great way of getting that knitting in there -- brilliant!

Lisa Elton said...

They look fantastic and very realistic Bobby! What a delightful card!

Loll said...

So adorable, Bobby. They do look like they are knitted ... great texture, great job! xx

I Card Everyone said...

I didn't even know you were a knitter, Bobby! Ha! They are just fantastic knitted with that embossing folder!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection Bobby! I can see why you got so excited over this one...your hat and mittens really do look knitted! Sweet, sweet card my friend! Hugs. :0)

Amy O said...

What a cute card! That multi-colored scarf sentiment is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This is brilliant, Bobby! Such a clever way to create those hat and mittens. Thanks so much for joining in the party at FMS this week.