Thursday, October 27, 2022

Time Out #225

For a short time I kept a gratitude journal.  It really makes you appreciate the little things.  One of the things I'm thankful for is the crafting community I have found.  I've made great friends, both in real life and virtually.  Today I've made a thankful card for Time Out.

I started with Mica Sprays to make a panel to cut my Tim Holtz leaves.  Then I brought out my neglected Oxide inks to make a blended background on Fine Linen cardstock from PTI with Frayed Burlap, Ground Expresso and Walnut Stain, adding a few splatters.  I tried the word die in dark brown but didn't like it so I topped it with a rust colored cardstock.  

ETA: I just saw the challenge at Tic Tac Toe and will be sending my card to them too.  I used the first column down. 

I'm thankful that you dropped by.





If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add  Bobby.bitsandpieces at gmail dot com to your contact list 
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

You may also unsubscribe using the same form. 

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous Autumn colors, Bobby! LOve that thankful die - and am also thankful for YOU!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Love the thankful die! This is a lovely card, Bobby!

TK said...

Really pretty card, love the outline leaves and rustic colors you've chosen. And I agree, thankful for this community and You!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful way to show your gratitude, Bobby! I'm thankful for you and this fabulous community!

Judy Woodland said...

Very pretty card. I like the gratitude journal idea. Wonder if I'm disciplined enough to do that.....hmmm, proly not...lol. But it's a lovely idea. I, too, am grateful for all the lovely souls I have come to know through my crafting. YOU included my friend, not only virtually but in real life. XO~

Nancy said...

Great fall colours! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out!

Anonymous said...

Bobby, those leaves are gorgeous (love Mica sprays) and the change to a rust die cut sentiment a wonderful choice. Celebrating our crafty friends is perfect anytime, but especially this time of year, and I am certainly grateful to have the opportunity be a teammate with you at TFC. And I'm also very glad you chose to share your pretty card with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

Stef, DT